Introducing the All-New
Z-9 LIBS Analyzer
Now 1 lb. lighter!
Unique optional “dual-burn” technology—
Z-9 operates in air and/or argon purge depending on your requirements.
The all-new SciAps Z-9 is the handheld LIBS that offers fast, quantitative testing results without argon purge. Like its predecessor the Z-50, it’s the perfect alternative to the former TSI ChemLite and ChemLite Plus LIBS units. We’ve worked closely with TSI users to provide the performance and operation TSI customers have come to expect, and after extensive side-by-side testing, we’re pleased to introduced the lighter, more flexible Z-9.
- Handheld LIBS, weighing about 3.5 lbs.
- Air-burn operation for six alloy bases: Al, Ti, stainless, Fe, Ni and Cu
- Optional “Alloy Argon Purge” App for higher precision if needed
- May be operated under Class 1 conditions, provided sample sensor is engaged (engaged by default, password protected)
- Internal camera and flatter nose-plate for easier testing on curved or irregular circles
- Macro-camera for photo-documenation of samples, bar codes and report generation
- 1-second tests like ChemLite and ChemLite Plus
- Expanded Ti and Al libraries compatible with ChemLite user expectations
- Detect down to 10 ppm Be contamination in aluminum and copper alloys
- With argon purge, measure down to 10 ppm B in aluminum alloys
For the metals industry, the Z-9 is an inexpensive but reliable alloy sorting device, mostly for aluminum, titanium alloys, and stainless. It will reliably ID high-temp alloys, but we do not recommend use for precise analysis of high temp alloys like nickel, cobalt, refractory alloys and super-alloys. For precise analysis of nickel alloys and other high temps, use SciAps XRF analyzers.
3.5 lbs. with battery
Length 10.75”, Width 2.375”, Height 8.625”
2.7″ high brightness, color touchscreen, readable in all lighting conditions. Rear facing display for easy results viewing.
On-board camera/video for viewing analysis location on sample before and during analysis, laser spot finder to show where laser strikes sample.
Includes 2nd “macro camera” for viewing sample, reading 3d bar-codes for photo-documentation and report generation.
Z-direction stage, computer controlled for manually or automatically adjusting laser focus location on sample —essential for liquids analysis.
Wifi, Bluetooth, USB. Connectivity to most devices, including SciAps ProfileBuilder PC software.
5-6 mJ/pulse, 50 Hz repetition rate, 1064 nm laser source
ARM Quad Cortex -A53 1.2 GHz Memory: 2 GB LPDDR3, eMMC 16 GB
200 nm – 420 nm
Operation: Air-burn. Optional “dual-burn” technology available.
The Z-9 operates in air-burn environment, no argon purge required. Users may add argon purge at time of purchase or later, to operate with either air or argon purge capability.
On-board XY stage for rastering laser to discrete locations for targeted analysis or averaging. Typically raster in 3 locations.
Internal shutter is also 316 stainless for totally automated calibration and wavelength scale validation.
On-board rechargeable Li-ion battery, rechargeable inside device or with external charger, AC power.
Automated drift correction using factory provided or user provided reference materials.
Grade library (alloy)
500+ grades, multiple libraries supported, grades may be added on analyzer or via PC software package (ProfileBuilder).
Results Storage: 8 GB SD
Password protected usage (user level) and internal settings (admin)
CE, RoHS, USFDA registered. Class 3b laser. Sample sensor on board, allows for operation under Class 1 conditions, subject to local LSO approval.