The apps-based X-550 is ready to go for critical PMI/NDT applications.
- The Alloy app is for general PMI/NDT of a broad range of alloying materials.
- The Residuals app is finely tuned for Cr, Cu and Ni concentrations, and the latest requirements for Nb and V being < 0.02%. The unit displays residuals formula and alerts based on the 0.12% or 0.15% threshold level for easy operator interpretation.
- The Sulfidic Corrosion app is dialed in for low Si in steels, including operator notification of Si levels above or below the critical 0.1% level.
The X-550 was designed from the ground up for wherever you test – on the ground, in racks or on ropes.
At a mere 2.8 lbs. (1.27 kg, including battery), the X-550 is the lightest weight XRF ever made. It’s perfectly balanced, allowing thousands of tests per day without fatigue. It has a long narrow snout to access hard-to-reach locations and welds more efficiently. But we didn’t sacrifice analytical performance nor ruggedness.
The X-550 was designed with superior heat sinking and dissipation to withstand even the demands of in-service PMI.
Our powerful but miniaturized X-ray tube excels at low atomic number elements Si, P, S, Mg and Al.
The tube combined with highly optimal internal geometry yields blazing speed on previously challenging applications like measuring silicon for sulfidic corrosion and aluminum alloys.
Did you know? The X is great on aluminum alloys, too!
- Measures magnesium at the 0.3% level in 2 seconds—5-10x faster than competing X-ray guns.
- Our patent-pending Aluminum App is optimized for both low atomic number elements and transition metals, for ultra-fast, highly specific verification of the many similar aluminum grades. Examples like 3003/3004/3005, Cast 356 and 357, and 2014/2024 are just a few identifications that are easy for the X-550 but often confound other X-ray guns.
Combine the new X-550 with our Z-200 C+ market-leading handheld for carbon, and you can tackle any alloy testing need.
From carbon and carbon equivalents to L-grade stainless to steels, aluminums and high-temperature alloys, the One Box does it all.
Share This Post