The TSI ChemLite was a good handheld LIBS analyzer. We know because we’ve competed against it for years, and we congratulate the LIBS team at TSI for developing and marketing such an impressive product.
Due to events out of their control, the TSI LIBS group has recently announced they’re exiting the handheld LIBS business. Over the past several days, we’ve worked closely with TSI users to modify the SciAps handheld LIBS to provide the performance and operation TSI customers have come to expect. After extensive side-by-side testing, we’re pleased to announce the Z-50, the SciAps handheld LIBS that offers fast, quantitative testing results WITHOUT argon purge.
- Handheld LIBS, weighing about 4 lbs.
- Air-burn operation for five alloy bases: Al, Ti, stainless, Fe and Ni
- May be operated under Class 1 conditions, provided sample sensor is engaged (engaged by default, password protected)
- Internal camera and flatter nose-plate for easier testing on curved or irregular circles
- 1 second tests like ChemLite and ChemLite +
- Expanded Ti and Al libraries compatible with ChemLite user expectations
- Detect down to 10 ppm Li and Be contamination in aluminum alloys
Great news: If you buy a Z-50 and need improved precision or carbon analysis, we offer attractive trade-ins to more advanced argon purge models. Even carbon. Defy obsolescence!
Share This Post