SciAps, Inc. is a Boston area company specializing in high performance portable analytical instruments. Our mission is to provide durable, field-tested, portable instruments to identify any compound, any mineral, any element. Current product portfolio consists of LIBS, XRF, and Raman technologies.
R&D Scientist – XRF Instruments
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, implement, and debug spectral analysis algorithms for our X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)products.
- Develop calibrations for new XRF applications and hardware platforms.
- Contribute to XRF instrument hardware design to maximize detection sensitivity and minimize spectral background.
- Develop expertise in understanding and improving calibration methods for XRF and Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) analyzers. Use this expertise to support and improve manufacturing calibration.
- Conduct analysis of chemometric data to determine conformance to performance specifications.
- Become adept at troubleshooting analytical and instrument system problems and identifying root cause.
- Create documentation for calibration processes and analytical Quality Assurance procedures. Ensure the accuracy of documentation as well.
- Provide prompt support to Manufacturing and Service Departments as required.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years in analytical instrumentation field strongly preferred. Experience in XRF, LIBS, or otherOES instrumentation desirable.
- Familiarity with XRF Fundamental Parameters (FP) is desirable
- Familiarity with C, C++, or Java
- Superior analytical and experimental skills
- Familiarity with energy dispersive XRF instrument hardware, such as sources and detectors
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to interface with customers as well as other departments within SciAps
- Must be a hard worker, detail oriented, well organized, and a creative problem solver
- Ability to deal with a dynamic environment where priorities can change frequently dependingon the needs of the business. Willingness to learn engage with other SciAps product lines (LIBS,Raman) as needed.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or other hard science. BS with relevant experience will be considered.